“GUTTED” JOHNSON RULED OUT OF SMITH FIGHT

posted on: 06/01/2022

CALLUM JOHNSON has been forced to pull out of next week’s World Light-Heavyweight title challenge against Joe Smith after testing positive for COVID.

Johnson had been due to challenge American WBO World champion Smith in Verona, New York on Saturday January 15.

His Hall of Fame promoter Frank Warren says he is “gutted” for the Boston man and promised to get Johnson’s career back on track at the earliest opportunity.

He added: “There was Covid in the family and then he told us, that he was having to isolate but then he went down with it. I’m gutted for Callum as he trained very hard.”

LATEST NEWS

Catch up on the latest news from our events and stable of fighters


See all news

Never miss an event

Sign up for newsletter and receive the updates about the upcoming fights
Newsletter Signup:
©2022 Frank Warren